Suggestion for AD integration

May 12, 2011 at 3:58 PM

The current functionality has an option to check against AD. It would be handy to report machines which are in AD but which have not shown up in Wsus (excluding machines which are disabled of course)

It would also be handy to report on the AD status so that you can see that a machine has been disabled in Ad but still exists in WSUS - useful for when you retire machines and haven't remembered to clear them out of WSUS.

Ian

Coordinator
May 12, 2011 at 4:33 PM
This discussion has been copied to a work item. Click here to go to the work item and continue the discussion.
Coordinator
May 12, 2011 at 4:34 PM
Edited May 12, 2011 at 4:35 PM

It should report on whether the AD account is disabled already, by marking it as Disabled in the Status column. Is this not working for you?

The suggestion to check for machines in AD that have not checked in to WSUS is a good one, and I have added it to the Issue Tracker.

Thanks,
AT

May 12, 2011 at 5:01 PM

You're quite right. apologies. I assumed that the status column was a wsus status of some kind.

I have another suggestion - can it remember the port number? It always comes up with port 80 and as luck would have it I always install wsus on port 8530

Ian

Coordinator
May 12, 2011 at 5:11 PM

Beta 2 will auto-detect the WSUS hostname and port if you run it on a machine that is configured for WSUS (it will also auto-detect the domain on domain-joined machines). This code should already be in the SVN version.